Balcony blog
The view from our third floor balcony is blue. Not in the sense of being downbeat, because it’s just not, but because the sky and Adriatic Sea are both th the same colour. I should add that the little rocky outcrop a few hundred yards offshore is not blue. That would be too strange. It’s just rock coloured. It’s a good spot to relax and I think we needed to relax as we were both tired by the end of August. Man!!! Is it September already? The sounds, which I could record and upload onto YouTube if I was that way inclined, are generally the occasional jet ski playing a short but intense track of repetitive rap music on the light waves and the chug of an odd, well mostly not too odd, small craft transferring people from somewhere to somewhere else. In cont ast to the walled city of the old town of Dubrovnik with its constant rhythm of flip flops on smooth slag stones and white noise (other colours are also widely available) of a thousand groups of interested visitors with their necks fixed at 45 degrees to see the pseudo-ancient building with their uniformly green shutters and imposing old walls. On that note, I feel the urge to add my own notes to the symphony “Old Town in a G string” or for the benefit of the Aussies we met the other lunchtime, “in a pair of thongs”
Comments
Post a Comment