COVID-19: The early days
Rapid change in how we are living with the imminent threat of an unseen virus.
Today mum went to Tesco for some shopping, for the last time (until she's allowed out again) and was shocked.....when she got there, the freezers, chillers, biscuit shelves and bog roll isles were bare. How will living with shortages be? Could be interesting. Dad only allowed visitors for a couple of hours a day, with no children and no more than two people at any one time as of today........Oh! no real change I guess.
The last three days at work has been a bit like Christmas, but without the Pringles and Quality Street. We have not Calpol, very little handwash (of any kind), and I am learning to control my indignation when customers insist on the "antibacterial" type to kill the virus...........you understand my problem?......and a few loo rolls.
Anna has a new cough today, so the Edinburgh family have gone into lockdown for 14 days. I guess they get out next month. Harry has a new cough today, so the Stirling family have kept him off school and re-started his inhaler. I've just been coughed on. And washed my hands. And checked prescriptions. And washed my hands. And checked some more. And washed my hands while getting fed up of "happy birthday verse 2".
Paracetamol is due to come in tomorrow. So excited. It's the small things, I know.
Today mum went to Tesco for some shopping, for the last time (until she's allowed out again) and was shocked.....when she got there, the freezers, chillers, biscuit shelves and bog roll isles were bare. How will living with shortages be? Could be interesting. Dad only allowed visitors for a couple of hours a day, with no children and no more than two people at any one time as of today........Oh! no real change I guess.
The last three days at work has been a bit like Christmas, but without the Pringles and Quality Street. We have not Calpol, very little handwash (of any kind), and I am learning to control my indignation when customers insist on the "antibacterial" type to kill the virus...........you understand my problem?......and a few loo rolls.
Anna has a new cough today, so the Edinburgh family have gone into lockdown for 14 days. I guess they get out next month. Harry has a new cough today, so the Stirling family have kept him off school and re-started his inhaler. I've just been coughed on. And washed my hands. And checked prescriptions. And washed my hands. And checked some more. And washed my hands while getting fed up of "happy birthday verse 2".
Paracetamol is due to come in tomorrow. So excited. It's the small things, I know.
Comments
Post a Comment