On the train

A funny thing happened on the way to........complete the sentence. Except this morning it didn't. Actually, yes actually, nothing very funny happened at all today. The journey to Glasgow wasn't particularly funny, nor was the workshop, nor the phonecall from mum asking if there was a paper today, nor the phonecall from Duncan Green telling me that he was starting dad on some amoxicillin because his CRP levels were increasing slightly and he had a slight crackle at the bottom of one of his lungs. The sprint to Queen St station wasn't particularly amusing either. In fact, I think there could be some mileage in a series called "A really ordinary bunch of stuff didn't really happen on the way to..."

However, it's half past six, I'm at Pitlochry, and COVID-19 level has just been raised to level 4, but that's an NHS England thing so of course we will have a different version of the same thing here. It's hard to know how this virus is going to affect us, but if it kills me before my next blog then this will maybe be our final conversati



Just kidding.

But who knows how long it might take to run riot through the population, and how it will impact on sales of hand sanitiser and face masks. We have sold out of hand gel but all is not lost. Apparently (and I heard this on the radio so it must be true) 60% alcohol levels in these gels kills viruses as well as bacteria.........so cask strength whisky will be fine I recon and if I'm not careful, or if I use too much of it, I might even spill some on my hands...........win win. I'm also interested in the plans if someone has to self-isolate. According to NHS inform (the ultimate guidance) They may need or appreciate your assistance with errands as described above, such as picking up prescriptions or getting groceries. 

So now my biggest problem is changing this font size back to what it was before the cut'n'paste above. Which reminds me: the guy who created cut'n'paste died last month.
No, there's no joke coming.....he really did. But, perhaps I could think one up????
"The guy who created cut'n'paste died last month. His funeral arrangements are the guy who created cut'n'paste died last month as follows. That's a bit of a visual one. Not sure if there's a verbal equivalent? I'll work on it. But not tonight.

Comments