Time to record things I might forget
It's that time.
How many times have I said, or heard, "we should write that down"? So here we are. 4.30 on a Wednesday afternoon in January, and the 2020 thing hasn't really sunk in. The last few months have been a bit of a .......I was going to say rollercoaster, but that goes up and down, whereas it's been mostly down with a few little flashes of lightness that squarkle in the darkness.......so lets just say it hasn't been the easiest time ever.
We lost Grumpy on November 6th, which was a bit of a shock. Elspeth and Fiona were with him, which was good for them in a way, but it's not the best phonecall to get at work on a Wednesday afternoon. It's hard to write much just now.....maybe another Wednesday.
We've kind of lost dad as well, although he's still got his sense of humour on a good day, and I started a poem "Dementia stole my daddy". I haven't actually got any further than that because I'm no good at poems, but its a start. Meanwhile mum had a small stroke, and is old, difficult and less mobile than she was. She wants to live an independent life, but is lonely.........difficult choices. Must be some learnings for us before we get to that stage....if ever.
Is this therapy?
A friend told me yesterday he had CBT and it was great.......or was it CBD? Could try both I suppose. Together maybe?
Toggling between emails: Headline...
How many times have I said, or heard, "we should write that down"? So here we are. 4.30 on a Wednesday afternoon in January, and the 2020 thing hasn't really sunk in. The last few months have been a bit of a .......I was going to say rollercoaster, but that goes up and down, whereas it's been mostly down with a few little flashes of lightness that squarkle in the darkness.......so lets just say it hasn't been the easiest time ever.
We lost Grumpy on November 6th, which was a bit of a shock. Elspeth and Fiona were with him, which was good for them in a way, but it's not the best phonecall to get at work on a Wednesday afternoon. It's hard to write much just now.....maybe another Wednesday.
We've kind of lost dad as well, although he's still got his sense of humour on a good day, and I started a poem "Dementia stole my daddy". I haven't actually got any further than that because I'm no good at poems, but its a start. Meanwhile mum had a small stroke, and is old, difficult and less mobile than she was. She wants to live an independent life, but is lonely.........difficult choices. Must be some learnings for us before we get to that stage....if ever.
Is this therapy?
A friend told me yesterday he had CBT and it was great.......or was it CBD? Could try both I suppose. Together maybe?
Toggling between emails: Headline...
Comments
Post a Comment