That young man

 It wiznae me.

What's Gillian's second name?

Brown

No! That's not it. 

Yes. It's Brown. After George died, she married Michael Brown. So it's Brown.

pause

Who's that young man who goes cycling with Murray?

Jim

Yes. What's his name?

Gilmour. Jim Gilmour.

Yes. That's it.

Puzzled

So what's that got to do with Gillian?

Blank look

Change of subject

Is the iPad charged? We could watch the wedding on Thursday, as Gillian sent me the details..

The what?

The iPad. Is it charged?

I don't have an iPad.

Brings the iPad through to the kitchen.......This iPad.

Oh. That thing. Is that what it's called?

Yes. I'll set it up so we can watch the wedding.

It's to be outside.

That's ok. It can be anywhere. We will be in here watching it inside.

No recognition of understanding.

I wont be able to use that thing.

That's why I'm doing it. I can do it for you.

Remember that feeling you used to get when to TV stopped transmitting for the night, and you would watch until the little dot appeared in the middle of the screen with an extended beeeeeeeep? 


Comments